Terms and Conditions
1. Wifi is provided exclusively for staff and trustee use and requires a school network login; it is not set up for the use of pupils or parents. Staff must not use their own network logins on the devices of others including their own family members.
2. Guest access is at the discretion of the Headmistress and requires a network login which can be issued by the school office. Access is provided for the day of issue only.
3. All users of this network will be logged, monitored and filtered.
4. Users must treat this network as public and are advised not to use it for confidential applications such as banking.
5. All problems must be logged by emailing the Network Technician.
6. Hilden Oaks School & Nursery reserves the right to block or restrict access at any time.
7. Personal devices are brought into school at the owner's discretion and at the risk of the owner. The school does not accept liability for loss or damage however caused or for the maintenance of the device.
8. All devices requiring connection to the mains electricity must be PAT tested by the school caretaker prior to use in line with the school's Policy for Electrical Equipment
9. Devices must be password or PIN protected for access in order to prevent unauthorised use by a third party.
10. Wifi must not be used for any illegal purpose or any activity incompatible with the professional role of a member of school staff. Full information is in the Acceptable Use Policy for Staff which is signed by every member of staff forming part of their contract of employment.
If your device is an Apple Mac, Windows phone or Windows 8 laptop then please speak to Mr Bunch as we have not yet had an opportunity to test these systems.
Please contact Mr Bunch if you want to connect a Kindle tablet as issues have been observed when connecting them.
The Wifi will only work with "N" type or newer Wifi devices: older devices may not be able to connect.
Instructions for Windows Laptops
- Ask at the office to borrow the certificate installer USB memory stick. Plug this in and double click on "Install Hilden Oaks Certificates".
- Connect to the Wifi network "HOStaff". Enter your school login name and password when requested, as you would use to log on to a school computer. If you are a guest, use the user name and password provided by the school office.
- Click "Connect" in response to the message "The connection attempt could not be completed".
- Open up this page on the laptop, by going to the Hilden Oaks website and searching for "wifi". You may encounter a warning message if you open Google or another search engine to find the Hilden Oaks website.
- Click on this link and acknowledge the message that secure web pages are monitored, if one appears.
Instructions for iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows Phone
- Connect to Wifi network "HOStaff". Enter your school login name and password when requested, as you would use to log on to a school computer. If you are a guest, use the user name and password provided by the school office.
- If there is a box for "identity", then that is where you should put your user name.
- You may need to confirm that wish to connect to the network.
- Open up this page on the device you are connecting, by going to the Hilden Oaks website and searching for "wifi". You may encounter a warning message if you open Google or another search engine to find the Hilden Oaks website.
- Press this link, and confirm that you want to install the Hilden Oaks certificate.
- On iPhone or iPad, you will need to press "install", then press on "install" again in the top right of the pop up message, enter your passcode, then press "done" in the top right.
- On Android you may need to type in a name for the certificate: any name will do. You will be required to set a passcode or password if you have not already done so.
- Kindle tablets may not be able to complete this stage. If so you will need to contact Mr Bunch for an alternative.
- On Windows Phone, you may need to use this link instead.
- Press this link and acknowledge the message that secure web pages are monitored, if one appears.