"The Nursery children play at times with children a little older and this helps their confidence grow. Children are very secure emotionally and physically as a result of clear routines, such as during sleep times. Relationships are highly supportive, warm and caring, and children express their needs and wants confidently." - ISI Inspector December 2017
At Pre-School we understand that family life is increasingly busy. Many of our parents work and need reliable and flexible child care all year round so we ensure our nursery is open 50 weeks of the year between 7.45am and 6.30pm which gives our parents maximum flexibility. Our parents can choose between:
Daycare - Children attend for the same days / sessions all year round.
Term Time - Children attend for the same days / sessions term time only.
Term Time plus some holidays - As for Term Time but with the option to attend for as many days or sessions as required during school holidays.
Hilden Oaks offers a choice of session times during the school day. Children can attend for full or part days.
We also hold a Parent & Toddler group every Friday morning during term times and school holidays. Free of charge and open to all, we feel this is an ideal way to introduce your child to Hilden Oaks School & Nursery. Please contact the School Office for more information.
No two days are the same at Hilden Oaks Nursery but a typical day for our children might include:
- 7.45 - Early drop off in Kindergarten room
- 7.45 - 8.15 - Breakfast
- 8.15 - 11.30 - Outside and inside play, sensory play, singing games. Snack at 10am
- 11.30 - 12.30 - Lunch, rest and sleep time, play in the garden or Kindergarten room
- 12.45 - 14.15 - Sleep or join other children for play
- 14.15 - Snack, play, singing games and music, story
- 15.30 - 17.45 - Tea time, play and craft, outside play and ride on toys
- 17.45 - 18.30 - Play in Main School before pick-up